Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Closing the book...

...on 2007, that is :) You didn't think I was going to stop blogging did you? Well, I'm not...at least not right now!

I hope you had a great Christmas and a safe New Years Eve! It was pretty much uneventful for us at the our household. We went over to my wife's sister's house for Christmas dinner, and stuffed ourselves with Honey Baked Ham (yum!) and all the typical sides.

With all of the money we spent on the house this past year, my wife and I didn't really do anything for each other for Christmas, but focused what we had on the kids. It was worth it too, especially watching our 3 yr old daughter opening her gifts was just precious!

New years eve was just as it has been the past 9-10 years or so. Neither my wife or I hardly ever drink or party, so we stayed at home, opened a bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider, which was finished in about 5 minutes between the 4 of us, and that's about it. My son and I shared a can of smoked oysters (which about made my wife gag). He wanted to try to stay up until midnight to celebrate the new year, but by 11:30, he could barely keep his eyes open, so he went to bed. I toasted the new year with my dog, Koda.

So yeah, that's about it. Happy 2008 to all, and I'll see you again soon!

3 comments:

Oh great One said...

Yeah, that title sorta scared me! Good thing it was about the year and not your blog!

We are like you. We don't drink or party anymore. I have no desire to be on the streets with the yahoos! (I'm OLD!) We watched the "Two towers" and toasted the new year with cream soda in our wine glasses. My oldest stayed awake but we didn't even let my boy try.

Happy New Year to you Techymike!

Chuck said...

Happy New Year to you, young Mikey! Sounds like y'all celebrated in grand fashion! ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't scare me like that again Mister!!!!

Happy New Year!! Bringing in the year the way you did sounds rather peaceful...and like you, I brought in the New Year with my pooch! :)