Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Ouch! Softball season arrives...

Everyone who says that Phoenix is beautiful this time of year obviously hasn't played in a winter softball league. Our season started last night at 8:30PM. It was somewhere around 50 degrees. I'm sure to some, this is beautiful weather and you'd give your left nut anything to have this kind of weather. To me, this is FREAKING COLD! By 10:30 when we finished, we were all ready to vacate the field for the warmth of our beds!

I also realized (this morning) that I'm very out of shape and shouldn't probably be playing softball. I'm going to try to sit in my chair and do nothing all day, because it's the easiest way to avoid the muscle aches that are surging through my lower body. At least there were no major injuries on our team last night....but it's a long season. It never fails, every season there are several guys who end up out of the picture because of various pulled muscles.

I'm off to nurse a Coke. Have a good day. :)

1 comment:

Oh great One said...

I have a love hate relationship with those sort of aches. I hate that it hurts but I love the feeling of knowing I did something good to make them feel that way!

I'm sure that softball will help you along in your quest to lose weight. Doing something you enjoy makes it even better!

As for the weather. I used to scoff at the people around here saying,"it's cold!" Now I'm used to their temps and find myself thinking brr!