Monday, January 21, 2008

Sicko...

I've had this sinus, cough, crap that's been going around for the last few days, and it sucks. I'm not used to getting sick, so when I do, I feel like a real baby for complaining about it. My immune system is typically pretty strong and I don't have too many issues, but this is just kicking my butt! I've been slathering vicks up my nose, and keeping the breathing strips on my nose whenever I'm at home, just so I can breathe somewhat normally. I'm sure it will pass soon enough, but it sure stinks for now!

My wife and I went to see I AM LEGEND on Saturday. It's pretty different from the book if you've already read it, so it's probably worth seeing. I was a little disappointed that they used CGI monsters instead of people wearing makeup...it never looks as realistic using CGI!

I hate reading books and then seeing movies...I always end up critiquing the movie too much about what was left out or changed, but I didn't do it in this one, so it's all good. If you're interested in a spoiler, start highlighting here: DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER! Don't say I didn't warn you...it's a spoiler!

So that's about it for me. Nothing else new on this side of the country. I'll check back in sometime in the near future :)


4 comments:

Chuck said...

How do you do that hidden word thing? Pretty cool. I enjoyed I am Legend. Maybe I should read the book as well.

Feel better man!

Oh great One said...

I heard an interview where, If I remember right, they said they tried using people in make-up but they didn't like the way it looked.

I can't believe the spoiler! I never would have guessed!

I hope you feel better soon!

Southern Sweetheart said...

I hope you feel better soon Mike. And thanks for the spoiler -- that's not a movie I will want to see! haha

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better by now!
-NoOneInParticular