Sunday, February 17, 2008

Continuing on

As you can imagine, it's been a busy couple of weeks, and we're down to 2 weeks before our 1500 mile trek to Omaha. We found a great house with an enormous backyard, and although we're just going to be renting it, it will be a wonderful place to call home.

This weekend has been a whirlwind of packing and planning. We've got the moving company reserved, and they will pick up all of our stuff on Feb 29. Considering we don't hit the road until Mar 4, we'll be living very minimalistic for those few days. You know what, I just realized this was a leap year after writing that last sentence :)

I remember when we moved from Nebraska to here, we sold all of our stuff, packed our two cars full, and hit the trail. I wish it were that simple this time around, but with our daughter in the picture this time around, and a lot more stuff, it wasn't an option. The company I'm going to is only allowing $1500 for moving expenses, and we're going to pay more than double that, but at least we're going home!

Have a good week everyone. I'll check in when I get some more time.

4 comments:

Chuck said...

Good luck Mikey! I hope y'all have a smooth move!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting to go "back home"! Best of luck with the move & the new house!

Oh great One said...

I'm glad you decided to go home. It's amazing how much stuff you aquire for kids isn't it? Take care I'll be thinking of you guys!

Southern Sweetheart said...

Congrats on the move and everything working out!!! Keep us posted on everything!