Monday, February 04, 2008

Follow up

Well, the interview went as well as I could have imagined. I received a verbal offer, which was right at the salary range that I was looking for. I'm just waiting for the formal letter with all the details.

So today, we got in touch with a realtor to get our house on the market. They said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Oh, I'm sorry...you owe more than your house is worth. We won't be able to sell it for what you need to get out of your mortgage."

I'm so depressed right now, I don't know what to do about the house. We could try renting it out, but I'm not a big fan of being an "out of state landlord". We've even contacted that silly "We Buy Ugly Houses" company to see if there's anything they can do for us.

The job doesn't pay enough for us to cut our losses and start over, so we might be stuck here in AZ for the foreseeable future. And that just makes my heart sink and has my stomach in knots.

5 comments:

Oh great One said...

You've wanted to go back to Nebraska for a while now, I Hope you can make things work. Does your realtor know of a company that could be the middle man for a rental situation? I'd hate for you to lose the opportunity.

When we had to move from Colorado I called that ugly house place too! We needed to leave pronto and I was afraid putting it on the market would take too long. No one ever contacted me. Too bad. We sold it anyway!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Southern Sweetheart said...

awww - I hope things work out for you! Everything was looking up and I hate for you to not be able to get back to Nebraska b/c of the house. :( Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, dude. I wish I knew of a way to help you out. I think I saw a sign the other day for a real estate company that said if they couldn't sell your house, they would buy it - might look into that. Also, you could ask the new company if they have any relocation ideas for you.

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to that info:

(http://www.era.com/erasell/ssp.html)

Of course, there is a ton of fine print, but could still be worth checking out.

Oh great One said...

My ex sister in law did some deal where investors took over the house and got her out of the payments. I don't know if she's off the hook now or not.