Sunday, December 09, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

...December in Phoenix. More so than previous years, it's been tough for me to get into the Christmas spirit this year. Normally, by the day after Thanksgiving, I've got my Christmas lights and tree put up, and I have the seasonal tunes cranked up during the waking hours. This year is a little different, however. I've got my lights hung up outside, but for two weeks, I haven't had the extension cord run to them, so they don't light up.

Part of that is due to the weather...it's been gloomy and rainy off and on for the past week or so. The other part is just a lack of motivation on my part. It's hard to get into the mood when it's 70+ degrees outside. I miss the possibility of a white Christmas. I miss the change of season. I think I'm getting burned out on being here in Phoenix.

Sorry for the downer post. Hope you're enjoying your holiday season!

5 comments:

Oh great One said...

I miss the snow too. I know it sounds crazy but I even enjoyed shoveling it. I just didn't like to drive in it. Get you an extension cord and plug those lights in stat! We gotta get you an infusion of Christmas spirit!

Chuck said...

Why didn't you tell me you were back to blogging? Damn, I've been missing out!

It's been in the 70's all week here. Not much Christmas weather...I hate it.

BTExpress said...

I wish it never snowed and was warm all year long. Since my wife passed away a couple of years ago, I just can't get into the Christmas spirit anymore. I exchange gifts with my son and then we each head off in different directions to our girl friends houses. It's just not the same.

Southern Sweetheart said...

It's been hot here too - nothing like what I dream of Christmas being. Never in my life have I ever seen a White Christmas --- but boy what would I do for one??!! Simply put, I understand the downer -- it is hard to get in the spirit when it's summer weather. ug.

DreamNT said...

Your article is very useful and have good knowledge, thanks for the post.









คาสิโนออนไลน์