Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year!

Christmas is my favorite time of year. The smells, the music, the decorations. The presents! I know that Christmas isn't all about presents, but you have to admit that it just wouldn't be the same without old Saint Nick!

My son is 8, but he still tells me that he believes in Santa Claus. I can't recall how, or at what age I found out the truth about Santa, but my wife and I have decided, at least for this year, to wait until he brings it up before telling him. I'm not sure if he tells me he believes because he thinks that he won't get anything if he doesn't. If only he knew how much I enjoy playing the part! I suppose I'm like my dad in that aspect. He's 50+, and Santa still visits his house every year.


On another note, my son brought home a couple of pine cones that he found at school the other day. He's really into "Conifer Trees" right now...they grow up so quickly! Anyway, he wanted to make some ornaments from the pine cones, so I found some craft paints upstairs, and we went to town. They didn't turn out as well as we had hoped, but he had a good time painting them, so it was worth it!

1 comment:

Oh great One said...

We finally decided to break it to my daughter last year. I was afraid she would make some comment at school and get teased. She's such a sweet little soul. We had to explain that she's now part of the club and she needs to keep the Santa story up for her brother. I think it lessened the blow.

I love your pinecones! You should put a date on them so years from now you can remember who made them and when. I wish I'd done that with my daughters decorations.