Saturday, September 08, 2007

My Playlist

I've got nothing worth posting this weekend, but felt a need to post something. So how about some music talk? I've got a wide variety of taste in music. I can listen to country, rock, pop, classical, and even some rap. I'll often pick up a tune that is hot at the moment, but just as often replace it with something else when it's become overplayed.

However, here are some tunes that have had staying power on my playlist, in no particular order:

Dobie Gray - Drift Away
Steve Miller Band - The Joker
Big & Rich - Rollin' (The Ballad of Big & Rich)
Billy Joel - Piano Man
AC/DC - T.N.T.
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy
Trent Tomlinson - Drunker Than Me
Jimmy Buffett - Why Don't We Get Drunk
Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right
Tracy Lawrence - Paint Me A Birmingham
Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Jason Mraz - Curbside Prophet
Don McLean - American Pie
Charlie Daniels Band - Devil Went Down to Georgia

So there are just a handful of the songs that are permanently on my iPod. How about you? What are some of your favorites?

3 comments:

Oh great One said...

I don't listen to much of the new stuff. I'm home with the munchkin. CCB will bring home something new for me now and then but most of my faves are OLD news I guess. I like several songs by John Mayer(SP?) I've been groovin' on southern rock lately. There are lots of songs on your list that would be on my all time faves list as well.

Anonymous said...

Hello TechyMike, I'm gonna delurk.

Some superb ones there, Piano Man always makes me cry.

We're determined to give Little Miss T a good taste in music, she's being exposed to everything from Classic FM for Babies to Lordi (Finnish hard rock band, check out Hard Rock Hallelujah on YouTube). The ones who've had most play recently have been:

Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane
Da Da Da - Elastica (at least as good as the original)
Senses Working Overtime - XTC
Another Nail Through My Heart - Squeeze
Lola - Kinks
Sukie in the Graveyard - Belle and Sebastian
Radio Free Europe - REM
Jolie Louise - Daniel Lanois
Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter, Paul and Mary
Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby - Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss and Gillian Welch

The last 3 calm Little Miss T down no end, so they're getting played to death at the moment!

Anonymous said...

Those are some of my faves, too! I need to organize my song list & post a few of them.