Sunday, September 02, 2007

Phew, what a weekend!

I know the weekend isn't technically over, but I'm exhausted!

I've been looking for a job in Nebraska. We currently live in Arizona. Why Nebraska, you ask? My wife and I both grew up in Nebraska, and well...there's a reason that the state slogan is "The Good Life". I moved to Phoenix 6 years ago for a job. Our son was 2 at the time, and we didn't really take into consideration how it would be to raise him out here. Then, almost three years ago, we had our daughter, and started thinking about moving back home (Nebraska) where we could have a house with a yard (the grass really is greener there...literally!) that is affordable, and be closer to family. So I've finally taken the plunge and sent off a boatload of resumes, and have been applying for every job that I remotely qualify for, just to try to get my foot in the door.

With that out of the way, we're trying to get our house to a point where we can sell it if I do get that great job offer. We've spent the weekend thus far painting, and will most likely spend Labor Day doing the same. I'm high on paint fumes. I'm likely stoopider from it.

Oh yeah, my Cornhuskers won on Saturday...kicked the snot out of Nevada, with a score of 52-10. I haven't been as enthusiastic as I am now about this team for several years. We've got an offense with a lot of potential and our defense looked stellar. I have a feeling this could be a great year!

Until next time, blog safely!

1 comment:

Oh great One said...

I'm so glad you took the plunge! Sometimes a little change can do wonders. It never hurts to see what's out there!